PhD Admission Dec 2015
|Entry to global research ecosystem||Best practices from top universities across world|
|Attractive stipend and support||Collaborative program with international partners|
(Sponsored by DeitY, Govt. of India for the Academic year 2015-16)
IIIT-Delhi invites applications for admission in PhD (CSE) & PhD (ECE) (full-time only) in the following research areas:
- Fresh B.Tech. graduates with research aptitude are strongly encouraged to apply. GATE score is not mandatory.
- Students who wish to have a global exposure may enroll in the collaborative PhD program with selected partner groups/institutes across the world. Students are also eligible for IIIT-Delhi Overseas Research Fellowship under this program (details).
- Industry / employed persons have an option to pursue a sponsored full-time PhD program (details).
- IIIT-Delhi provides relaxation to SC/ST, PH and CW category candidates (details).
- For the full details of the PhD program and requirements for its successful completion, please refer to this page.
- For full details of the application process, click CSE / ECE. For eligibility information see below.
- Around 100 PhD scholars. Many with fellowships from Prime Minister’s fellowship scheme, IBM, TCS, Visvesvaraya.
- Highly prolific faculty. Collaborations with leading international research groups.
- Attractive stipend of Rs 27,000/- per month in the first year and up to Rs 30,000/- after the 2nd Year (under revision). Financial support to present papers in top international conferences.
Eligibility: IIIT-Delhi is looking for candidates who have solid foundations in CS/ECE/Maths (including good programming expertise in relevant domain), and interest in pursuing research in one of the above mentioned areas. GATE/GRE scores are optional. Specific eligibility criteria are given below.
For CSE/ECE students
- BTech / BE / MTech / MS / ME in CS / IT / ECE / EE
- CGPA at least 7.5 on a scale of 10 (or equivalent). If your institute does not provide CGPA in the transcript, then at least 70% marks is required to be eligible.
- MCA/MSc(CS/IT/ECE/EE and allied areas) degree is considered equivalent to the BTech/BE degree. Such students are also eligible to apply with the condition that they have BSc in Computer Science or BSc in any other subject with Mathematics as one of the courses. The marks requirement is same as that given above for BTech/BE degrees.
- Candidates with MTech / MS / ME degree should also have same marks requirement at UG level.
- MSc in Mathematics is also eligible for PhD in CS/ECE who meets the following requirements:
- At least 70% marks in both B.Sc and M.Sc.
- Strong inclination towards CS/ECE.
Requirements may be relaxed for exceptional candidates with publications/ R&D/software development experience in their area of interest or those from institutes of national and international repute.
Contact: For general queries, please refer to the frequently asked questions. For other information, you may contact us through email at email@example.com. Limited support over IVRS is provided at the phone number 011-26907400 (no further support will be provided over telephone).
Please do not email us with your resume/C.V - application will be entirely online only through this website.
Please check this page for future announcements and more information.
Last date to submit online application: 24th Nov, 2015
Application and Admission Procedure- PhD (CSE)
Application and Admission Procedure- PhD (ECE)
Travel logistics: For the outstation candidates (non-NCR) who are shortlisted to appear for the written test, IIIT-Delhi will reimburse their travel fare by second sleeper or public bus fare by the shortest route, whichever is cheapest. They will have to furnish the proof of travel. If a candidate decides to choose a different mode (e.g. 3AC, air, etc.), IIIT-Delhi will only reimburse the second sleeper or public transport bus fare by the shortest route.
Accommodation logistics: IIIT-Delhi will be able to provide accommodation to a limited number of shortlisted candidates on a first-come-first-serve basis. Shortlisted candidates can indicate their preference by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org